Volunteer Arlington is hosting the annual MLK Day of Service “A Day On, Not a Day Off!” volunteering opportunity event on January 18, 2021, 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM with a number of local nonprofit organizations.
Participants will be introduced to a number of both hands-on and virtual volunteer opportunities to serve the community.
Please visit the service opportunity pages to register.
- AFAC – Reach out to 35 local friends and family to donate food items
- AHC Inc – Purchase and assemble snack bags for teens who pick up the snacks bags at the community centers.
- Arlington Rotary Club – Make fleece blankets for students in AHC Inc’s after school program and the people in A-SPAN’s homeless shelters.
- Bridges to Independence – Learn about their food pantry via Zoom and drop off food items or hygiene products at the Bridges’ shelter.
- CRi – Send kindness cards to support CRi’s Direct Support Professionals who help those with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Culpepper Garden – Fill “Winter Cheer Bundle” kits for the elderly residents of Culpepper Garden.
- Doorways – Participate in a service “scavenger hunt” where they find essential items in stores or in their homes to donate to Doorways clients.
- EcoAction Arlington – Annual MLK Day park clean-up (full)
- New Hope Housing – Learn how to make laundry detergent and donate their homemade detergent to the Residential Program Center or make a Welcome Home Kit.
- Arlington Addiction Recovery Initiative – 90 min REVIVE training to prevent opioid overdoses and how to use the medication to save a person’s life.
- Arlington Aging and Disability Services – Learn how to become a certified VICAP volunteer to have a direct, positive impact on the lives of Medicare beneficiaries.
- ASPIRE! Afterschool and Beyond – Learn how to become Literacy Ambassadors for ASPIRE! to advocate for local students.
- Youth Service America – Learn to turn your passion into a service project.
For more information, please visit Volunteer Arlington