Fairfax County launched a new online tool to make it easier to identify pole numbers and report streetlight outages on your PC or mobile device.
Report a Streetlight Outage
Step 1: Visit Streetlight Reporter
Step 2: Locate the pole on the map and click. Click on the link that says “Click here to report a problem with this street light”
Step 3: Fill out the report form and submit
Six types of problems you can report
- Street light out
- Street light on daytime
- Street light cycles on-off or flickers
- Cracked, broken, or leaning pole
- Refractor hanging or broken
If the pole is not shown on the map, it may be privately maintained by a HOA
Who Maintains the Streetlights in Fairfax County?
- Public roadways : Dominion Virginia Power or the Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative (NOVEC)
- Interstates & major interchanges : the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT)