Finding simple information like tax due dates on The Department of Tax Administration (DTA)’s website is not so easy. This page is made to provide all important tax-related dates for the residents of Fairfax County, Virginia.
Table of Contents
Tax Due Dates (2023)
Real Estate Tax
- First installment due: July 28
- Second installment due: December 5
Vehicle “Car” Taxes and Fees
- For existing vehicles and newly regisered vehicles before July 1: October 5
- Business, Professional & Occupational License (BPOL) renewal and payment due: March 1
- Business tangible personal property tax due: October 5
- License renewal and payment due: January 31
Penalty for Late Payment (PLP) of Tax Dues
- Real Estate Tax – 10% of the amount due. 1% per year interest.
- Vehicle Tax – 10% of the amount due, 25% after 45 days. 5% per year interest.
- BPOL Tax – 10% for late filing, and 10% for late payment. 5% per year interest.
How to Pay Taxes & Fees
12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 223
Fairfax, VA 22035
- Real Estate Tax
- MyFairfax Portal – Login to pay
- DTA Real Estate Payments – Use “Stub Number” and “Map Number” to pay
- Vehicle “Car” Tax
- BPOL Filing & Payment
- DTA Payment Portal – Use “Business Account Number” and FEIN/SSN to pay
- Dog License